GIVE THROUGH FRACTURED ATLAS (tax deductible)
Or if you’re comfortable – give to me DIRECTLY THROUGH this CA$H app. (not tax deductible. please also send me an email with your mailing address so I can thank you with a gift! )
Please know that when you donate to me, you are really contributing to ALL the social justice, artistic and writing work I do. My writing, my performance work, my critical adoption / adoptee advocate work, my work developing new voices and art for the stage.
Current Artist Projects:
Priority: COMPASS: My poetry manuscript in progress. I’m happy to share this manuscript won a literary award (the Mary Tanenbaum Award)from the San Francisco Foundation supporting its progress. I hope to complete this manuscript by the end of January 2017. I need all the support I can get right here at the end of 2016 so I don’t have to spend time over my teaching break hustling side gigs. Please support my focused writing time!!
2. “TOKEN” : Ensemble play in development. Goal: June 2017 workshop performances. In April 2016 I was fortunate to have a staged reading as part of my residency in the Just Theater New Play Lab in Berkeley, CA. TOKEN continues an investigation into my obsession with the story of Hana Williams, a girl brought from Ethiopia and murdered by her evangelical Christian adoptive parents. TOKEN is a ghost story exploring the diasporic trauma of black women and the black family through the framework of transracial adoption.
3. UNTOLD (a play): A commissioned writing project to adapt the narratives from the Sea Change Project’s book Untold Stories: Love and Reproduction. UNTOLD the play examines 7 women’s narratives around stigma and reproduction. This work is in collaboration with BRAVA Theater Center in SF, where LMR is a current Artist in Residence.
4. Its All Boobs to Me: Feminist Discourse with Zahra and LisaMarie: Brand new WOC podcast with LisaMarie and fellow feminist Zahra Noorbakhsh! Check out the first episode here:
Your financial support helps this work come to fruition. It supports my ability to pay my production teams for their time and creative energy, offer work stipends to interns, pay for travel expenses, pay myself for writing time, buy toilet paper and much more.
Here is where your funding be directed:
– Paying myself to write – Paying honorariums for collaborating artists. (Director, Production assistant, Production Manager, Stage Manager, Image Art Design, Set and Light Designers, Graphic Designers, Creative consultants.)
– Costs for Theater Rental, House Managers, Techs
– Airfare and Room costs for me and my two Techs.
– Costs for Publicity and Marketing materials (flyers, posters, publicist, website)
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I cannot express how much your support means. Unless you indicate otherwise everyone who donates regardless of the amount will be listed on my website as a supporter of my work.